Friday, August 27, 2010

Blog Post 1

Hi! My name is Amy Crismon and I am twenty-two years old. I am currently attending the University of South Alabama and I am majoring in Elementary Education. I was born in Mobile, AL and moved to Dauphin Island two years before I graduated high school.  I am from a family of seven.  I have two sisters and two brothers.  Lets just say when you grow up in a big family there is never a dull moment! I decided that after I graduated from high school I would attend the University of South Alabama. I never thought I would want to be a teacher until I came to college. I started babysitting three young boys three years ago. The youngest of the boys has autism. After spending time with him I became very interested in learning more about children with special needs. This little boy has touched my heart in so many ways. He gives me the love and passion I need to become a Special Education teacher.

Over summer I worked for BP helping with the oil spill. I would wake up early and ride in the boat in the Bay and look for oil and any animals in danger. Luckily I never saw any oil or hurt animals. It felt good to join the community and get out there and help in anyway I could. Animals are another big passion of mine. I have two cats who are pretty much my children. Their names are Kitty and Little Kitty. Original I know! I have volunteered at different animal shelters and have been a foster parent for a kitten. After I graduate college I plan on moving to Charlotte, North Carolina and get a teaching job there. It is such a pretty city and they get all four seasons, which I am excited about. I am really looking forward to the big move out of Mobile!



3 comments:

  1. Hello Amy, my name is Len. I am also twenty two years old. I find it quite pleasing to hear that you are so involved with the community. So many people go through life never helping anyone but themselves, and it's nice to know you have such a big heart. Last semester, I had the opportunity to visit a school for special needs children, and I was deeply touched. I quickly noticed that it took a strong person to handle that type of job. I also enjoyed reading the part about your animals. I do not have as big of a passion for animals as you do, but I do like them. Recently, with the help of some friends, we rescued a cat from a tree about three stories up. I enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I have a sister named Kitty and a daughter named Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should include your weekly unofficial visits to PetSmart! : )

    ReplyDelete