Friday, September 17, 2010

Blog Post # 3

student




A Vision Of Students Today By: Michael Wesch

When watching this video most of the students wrote things that I see as being true.  Really everything seemed true to me.  College is a new world when you are first starting off.  Teacher's do not usually know your name and there are hundreds of more students in your classes.  
     I agree with the student that said he buys books but never opens them.  I started not buying my books until I went to class and found out if the teacher would be using the book or not.  They usually said we would mostly only use it for picture references.  Most of us going through college are all going through some of the same obstacles.  It seems hard and overwhelming at times but they day I graduate all of this will be worth it!


"It's Not About the Technology" by: Kelly Hines
    
     I agree that teachers should have the mind set that they are also learners.  Some teachers are just set in their ways and will go with what they think is correct over someone else's opinion.  If teachers do not start acting like they are life long learners are education system could be corrupted in some way. 
     There is so much new technology that could be purchased to help students learn and interact while they are learning.  Teacher's do not need to just stick to the old fashioned ways of teaching.  I hope they start to think outside of the box and make new changes to better further our children's education.  



"Is It Okay to Be Technologically illiterate Teachers? by: Karl Fisch

     I strongly agree that teachers need to be technologically literate.  I do not think they have to be so advanced but they should know a good bit of information about it so there are no problems when they are using certain technologies.  I know there are many teachers out there that have been teaching since before technology came out.  It is going to be more hard for them to learn all these new technologies then it will be for a newer teacher.
     I do believe every teacher should be able to use a computer and basic systems like that.  I also believe that there should be session for teachers who have not yet experienced certain technologies that are useful to have in a classroom.  It will help them learn and to catch up with other technologically advanced teachers so they can better educate our students.

Gary Hayes Social Media Count:
 


     I love this chart! I think is is amazing to watch all of the numbers grow bigger and bigger.  It is crazy to think of how many people are around the world doing the exact same thing.  This is really neat to watch and I suggest you do.  It is crazy to think what the numbers will be like in the future!

1 comment:

  1. 5 days late. What does the Wesch movie tell us about how colleges and their employees organize and distribute instruction?

    What do we need to know, be able to do and have experienced to be technologically literate. Think about that question.

    Crazy numbers! Their speed of increase is accelerating!

    ReplyDelete