Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blog Post #9

learning

I read "What I've learned this year" by: Mr. McClung. He wrote about what he learned after his first year of teaching.

He learned:
1. How to read a crowd
2. Be flexible
3. Communicate
4. Be Reasonable
5. Don't be afraid of technology
6. Listen
7. Never stop learning

His post was very interesting and it helped me see another persons perspective on teaching.  I do not know what to expect when I start teaching and I am sure many others feel the same way.  I liked that he said "be flexible."  We do not have to plan a perfect lesson.  What is most important about the lesson is that the students understand it.  I would say a lesson is not perfect unless the student all understand the material.  He also said "communicate."  I have issues with communication because I am shy.  I am trying to overcome that and be more out going and to communicate with others more.  If we can't communicate with our students and faculty then we aren't really doing our job correctly.  It is important that we know what is going on and that everyone is on the same level.  Lastly,  he said to "never stop learning."  This is so important to remember.  We have so much to offer as teachers so why not continue to learn?  We can learn from the people around us and even from our students.  His post was very informing and it helped me better understand what I may learn my first year of teaching.

2 comments:

  1. Teachers cannot be shy! So keep working at it! Did you get an assignment this week to comment on Mr. McClung's blog? If not, check it out anyway! Mr. McClung's World

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete