Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blog Post #8

Richard Miller: This Is How We Dream Parts 1 and 2





     Mr. Miller's presentation has many valid points and I really enjoyed how it was put together.  He is talking about how we can communicate instantly globally and this is so true.  I can get on my computer at home and talk with my sister in Texas.  All I have to do is click on Skype and then click on my sisters name.  Once she answers the call I am instantly connected with her and I can see and hear her.
     I liked how he said it is possible to collect from different experiences and collaborate them together.  His example of this was a video of a whale hunt.  He said this video shows a visual representation of what actually goes into a whale hunt.  He also showed a presentation on MLK.  In this presentation it showed a visual, sound, and print document.  All of these things were collaborated together and they all contained important information about MLK.
     He expresses that our future is our own ideas that belong to no one.  I like this because it is a great way for us to get our own ideas out into our culture.  He says it is a way to make sense of the world we live in.  Mr. Miller has taught me a lot of things from watching this video.  I hope and I am almost sure I will continue his ideas through college and even into my classroom.

The Chipper Series

     I really enjoyed watching this video.  It was funny, entertaining, and delivered a strong message.  They start the video with Chipper talking to Dr. Strange about how she feels procrastination has a different meaning.  That is doesn't mean getting your work done at the last minute.  It means getting the work done when you can even if its after the deadline.  This is not true.  Teachers set deadlines for reasons.  I know I am a little behind and it is extremely hard to catch up but I am definitely trying.  She also talks about how she wants to be taught by the teacher because teachers are supposed to teach students.  He is teaching us but just in a different way.  He gives us the instructions and then it is our job to learn from his resources and get our work done.  Graduating college does not come from not doing any work.  The only way to be successful is it do the assigned work that is needed for your major.  If you don't you may be coming back to school just like Chipper.

EDM 310 for Dummies

     This video really made me laugh!  Both of the girls were so funny.  The message I think they were trying to give to us is that even if we feel down about EDM and think it is to hard, we need to remember that all the material we need is in our lab manual.  There are many tutorials on how to create different accounts and we have teachers and lab assistants that will help us.  EDM is a class that will prepare us for the rest of our technological journey.  It is not here to hurt us.  It is here to prepare us for the field of work we are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment